South American boycott?

They are a drain on the UK.
I assume you've researched this then.

OK, with that in mind, if they happen to be sitting on an oilfield which generates wealth for the short to medium term (and I know your feelings on the issue of fossil fuels), then would this not justify it financially?

Sponsored Links
No. It's like the UK claiming the right to drill in Tasmania. We're a nothing nation. Better get used to it.

No. It's like the UK claiming the right to drill in Tasmania. We're a nothing nation. Better get used to it.
I was referring to your suggestion that the islanders pay for protection. If their living there has caused a skeleton military presence to be in place which has cost the UK financially, then any monies subsequently raised by any oil production should surely cover this?

The Argentine government will one day go for the Holy grail of regaining the Malvenas. With he UK already wasting huge amounts of money and lives in Afghanistan it wont be in any position to defend them. Better seeking a compromise of handing sovereignty back to Argentina (where it belongs) and sharing any (doubtful) oil bounty.

Sponsored Links
The Argentine government will one day go for the Holy grail of regaining the Malvenas. With he UK already wasting huge amounts of money and lives in Afghanistan it wont be in any position to defend them. Better seeking a compromise of handing sovereignty back to Argentina (where it belongs) and sharing any (doubtful) oil bounty.
Why the Argentinians when it was first recorded by the Spanish.

It wins them votes, remember? They've also got the rest of South America behind them.

Wish we had are our own Hugo Chávez, least our politics would be more interesting!! :eek:

Call me a soft liberal but i would rather we gave back 'their' island if it meant not a single drop of a british soldier's blood was to be spilt there ever again.

Don't get me wrong of course, i love my country (despite the very tangible social break down we seem to be spiralling into) and i would defend my homeland to the last (in the face of invasion), but lets be real about it, those islands are not our home (or part of), and they never did belong to us.

Oh...bloody hell...what am i saying we've got Boris Johnson, we don't need Hugo Chávez after all!!! :D

Wish we had are our own Hugo Chávez, least our politics would be more interesting!! :eek:

Call me a soft liberal but i would rather we gave back 'their' island if it meant not a single drop of a british soldier's blood was to be spilt there ever again.

Don't get me wrong of course, i love my country (despite the very tangible social break down we seem to be spiralling into) and i would defend my homeland to the last (in the face of invasion), but lets be real about it, those islands are not our home (or part of), and they never did belong to us.

Oh...bloody hell...what am i saying we've got Boris Johnson, we don't need Hugo Chávez after all!!! :D

Then you would be a traitor to the islanders who firmly wish to remain a part of britain, so chavez the monkey and the argies can take their sabre rattling and shove it.

Would you say the same if Argentina made a claim on the Hebrides? You only have to look at a map to see that the Malvinas belong to Argentina.
:LOL: you`re on form there, Joe. Thought you were a Maggie Fan :LOL:

Don`t start , we`ve just finished paying you guys off for Lend-Lease ;) ..And your sub primes caused our astute banking system to collapse :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back