South East Water as well.

That was motorbiking, pretending to think that the NFU was a Trade Union.

He didn't really believe if.
He probably thinks the union ERG are fully paid up Labour members and fight for the rights of the low paid, lol.

Its a versatile word 'union'.

Sponsored Links
was that those supporting Brexit or protesting Brexit?

I have no problem with lawful protest. I have a problem with people doing things to disrupt others and calling it justified. cretin rebellion, just stop everyone working etc. They wind people up to the point they get angry and end up getting arrested for assault. People who have to get to work to get paid, while the vest wearing numpties do their best to impersonate a funeral procession deliberately blocking traffic. I suspect none of the protestors are paid by the job.

I used the term union. You added the term trade. though I would consider being a farmer a trade or profession.

The NFU clearly operate as union to protect and represent its members. Get them a better deal etc. You know pay, terms conditions and the stuff that the lefty unions you love champion.

When lawful protest becomes more and more restricted what avenue does that leave?

The Tory government has done more to stop people trading and working with Brexit - far far more damage than some poxy protestors.

Your right to go about your lawful business, should never be impacted by my right to protest.

Disrupting people’s lawful business via protest, is nothing more than a public nuisance.

Throwing orange dye over people’s property is criminal damage.

Sponsored Links
Withdrawing labour and forfeiting pay is your choice. Attacking those that choose not to (as is often the case with unions) is not.

Many people feel bullied in to strike action due to the consequences of being labelled a scab.

Withdrawing labour and forfeiting pay is your choice. Attacking those that choose not to (as is often the case with unions) is not.

Many people feel bullied in to strike action due to the consequences of being labelled a scab.

Or having a concrete paving slab dropped off a motorway bridge onto your car as happened in the miners strike.

Do you mean strikes should not be illegal?

You will often see privatised water company investors, and their Tory apologists, claiming that the infrastructure is over a hundred years old and it would be impractical to modernise it.

This is, of course, a lie.

"Less than 12 per cent of the sewage network in England and Wales was built in the 19th century, undermining water industry claims that outflows of raw effluent and storm water are a result of antiquated Victorian infrastructure.

The majority of the network was instead built in the years before privatisation, with approximately a fifth constructed during the 1960s and 1970s, according to data analysed by consultancy Arup and campaigners Windrush Against Sewage Pollution.

Professor Peter Hammond, data researcher for Wasp and former professor of computational biology at University College London, said the findings debunked the argument from water companies and government that sewage outflows could be blamed on the Victorian waste water networks. “Victorian sewers constitute a minor proportion of the sewer network and cannot be blamed for the toxic mix of untreated human waste and road surface run-off polluting our inland and coastal waters,” said Hammond, who has appeared at several parliamentary hearings on water.

“The disparity of infrastructure investment before and since privatisation must surely bear the brunt of blame,” he added.

The analysis contradicts the argument often made by the water industry and government that the privatised water companies are releasing raw sewage into coastal waters and rivers partly as a result of having inherited infrastructure that was built in the Victorian era, which ended in 1901.

As recently as April Thérèse Coffey, the secretary of state for environment, food and rural affairs, said: “Sewage overflows stem from our principally Victorian infrastructure”.

FT.com

Sponsored Links
Back