South Eastern woe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Times said:
...The South West is expected to remain dry and sunny. ;)

Many motorists are also facing petrol shortages as a result of the blaze at the Buncefield oil terminal. Petrol stations in parts of the South East have been running dry as suppliers struggle to reorganise their distribution networks... :( :( .

I wonder how accurate the weather forecast will be?
;)

Sponsored Links
Well the Petrol shortage rubbish isn't..prices around here have fallen and there is certainly no rationing, which would imply shortages..

I think the reporters simply write what they dream is the truth, not what actually is the truth..

As to the weather:

just over half an inch of snow here. Started last night, stopped now, but is expected to continue the whole day.
(Don't know anything about any petrol shortages though, can walk to work nowadays ;))

Got about the same here in Essex WooodYouLike...

Quite pretty...

Sponsored Links
snowed during the night in south yorkshire, about half an inch. Had to take the long, A-road route to work, i daren't drive on my normal "shortcut" due to it being twisty windy lanes with no grit :rolleyes: Started snowing again half an hour ago, but stopped now

oilman said:
BS, which part of Essex?

Chelmsford area...but according to the radio we have about 0.5 to 1" all over the North Essex area..

Same sort of conditions in Northants/Leics. Plenty of fuel tho and the price aint bad (for todays prices anyway :rolleyes: )

And so it rumbles on ... is this the real thing or pure fantasy ? As previously rubbished by B-S.
Big_Spark
Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:56 pm Post Subject:
Well the Petrol shortage rubbish isn't..prices around here have fallen and there is certainly no rationing, which would imply shortages..
I think the reporters simply write what they dream is the truth, not what actually is the truth..

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1961818,00.html

......Fuel retailers confirmed yesterday that some garages in southeast England had been without fuel for almost a week and others were running short because of a seasonal surge in demand......
:cool:

This is NW London, a few miles inside the M25:

On Christmas Eve I went to the garage I normally use (Total), and they had no fuel.

A nearby Shell garage was OK.

I noticed on Christmas Day that the Shell garage had no fuel.

I've not needed any since then. I went out on Tuesday to buy some food, but didn't notice if either garage was or was not open.

Sponsored Links
Back