Space around a fridge freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently bought a new free standing fridge freezer (LEC TS50152W). I bought this particular model as we have a very small kitchen and it's about the narrowest I could find. The manufacturers recommendation for ventilation space around the appliance is 25mm each side and 100mm at the back and top. I have 100mm space at the back and 100mm+ at the top. The appliance is against a wall to the right at at the end of a run of units to the left: on the right I have 30mm clearance (front) reducing to 10mm (back) and on the left only 5mm clearance to the unit height (about 900mm) - the rest of the appliance (up to a height of 1525mm) on the left is completely open.
My question is whether this will affect the running/wear of the appliance? And more importantly could it be dangerous (appliance overheating- fire?)? I've had it installed for a week or so and it's working fine in terms of temperature. It seems to cycle 2 or 3 times an hour.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome DJMW :D :D :D

i wouldnt worry to much its the ideal clearance very few people have large gaps around the sides
providing the motor and elements have good clearance and airflow it will work fine

Thanks for the reply. I kind of thought that as long as the thing wasn't buzzing away the whole time and was keeping everything cold, the spaces I have would be ok, just got a bit worried when other forums/ manufacturers starting talking about 'overheating'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back