Space saving staircase to loft

Well if you put forward the argument I said in my first post it's hard to see why they would not accommodate you. That said you've not posted a to-scale plan of your house.

Sponsored Links
I'm waiting for a copy of the drawings which has been promised tomorrow so I'll be able to post it.
I did put forward the argument and even pointed out it's in the approved document. I'll try speaking to the BCO again.

Sorry for the delay but been chasing for the drawings from the architects. He's drawn a proposal of where he thinks the stairs might go. Involves taking spaces from the 2 bigger rooms to reduce the impact on the medium room.
I'm thinking that the alternating tread staircase will fit in the space where i have storage area beside the existing stairs. It'll be a squeeze but i think it'll just about fit.

Attachments

• Existing.jpg
    Existing.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Proposed.jpg
    Proposed.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 112
Sponsored Links
no expert but dont you need a space about+50-75% larger than the tread width on a space saver so an opening would be 600xsay 1000mm ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back