Space Under Gravel Board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Unusual query. I’m looking for advice on how to fill up the space between the bottom of the concrete gravel board in my fence and the ground.

I have a terrible and irreparable relationship with my neighbour. I installed a new concrete fence (45m) and wooden panel post last year - all legal, and all on my side. No part of the fence is on this battleax’s land.

But there are varying degrees of gaps between the bottom of the fence and the ground as the ground level changes a bit from front to back.

I plan on putting either a block plantar along some parts of the fence and a granite kerb infilled with decorative stone for the remainder.

She’s a lot of overgrown stuff on her side and I don’t want it coming up by the block planter or coming through the decorative stone.

I also want the kerb or plantar to be my edge for my patio and sub base.

I know this all sounds mad. But the whole thing is very very stressful. Whatever I do I can’t get into her side and I can’t let anything get into or onto her side.

The notions that I have at the moment are:

- dig down, put in a small concrete footing and do my best to block the space with soap bars, bricks on edge etx, mortar. I don’t mind doing that, the only issue I have is how to ensure that concrete doesn’t cross the boundary. Do I try and stick some ply down? Do I try to put some damp proof membrane underneath the concrete and position it in such a way as to hold it from going to her side.

- dump a hole load of muck. This really isn’t as easy as it sounds as there’s been an issue about muck. If someone does suggest something - it can’t cross the boundary.

Pic attached. I really would appreciate any comments or suggestions. Boundaries and neighbours, eh!!

Sponsored Links
Some old roof tiles or cement board dug down a little bit should do

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back