Spain: Timer pullcord switch for electric infra red bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a flat in Northern Spain, built 12 -14 years ago. It gets quite cold in winter. The bathroom has an infrared electric heater that keeps getting left on, which bumps up the power bills no end. It is pullcord operated but has a 1 metre flex (cable clipped in place) going back to a high level plug socket (I am assured it is "legal" in Spain)

I want to put a timer on it. My Spanish electricians want to put a pneumatic push type switch just outside the bathroom but I worry that if it "runs out" and the heater goes off, someone will jump out of the bath, open the door and slap a running wet hand on the switch with disastrous results. I want them to fit a pullcord timer switch in the bathroom but they say they can't get them in Spain, our local Electrical distributors in UK say they can't get them in UK, and I've found nothing on the internet so far

Can anyone help????????

Sponsored Links
how do you know such a device as a pull cord timer even exists?

i guess you could use a seperate "staircase timeswitch" and momentry pull cord triggering it, i'd imagine such a setup could get quite pricey though.

The other option would to fit a PIR in the barthroom to control the heater.

www.danlers.co.uk Type CEFL. They will switch up to 1.5kW or they do a 10amp version.

Sponsored Links
Pensdown said:
The other option would to fit a PIR in the barthroom to control the heater.

www.danlers.co.uk Type CEFL. They will switch up to 1.5kW or they do a 10amp version.

:D I'll go with that --- a good practical alternative, as I now believe that timer pullswitches are completely unobtainable. Many thanks for your help

Back