Spalled bricks

Cheers woody. I noticed that the adjoining brick on his side is also spalled (it was hidden from my view by the fence), but as I put my last brick in position he said I was welcome to replace his damaged one as well!!

Too late, I said, I have already cut the dpc membrane and it is not now long enough, but I will leave sufficient running down the end face of tithe brick to allow his builder to upturn and overlap it when he has his brick replaced!

I basically ran the dpc along the top of the brick as you would, and then turn it down at the end so it covered the end face of the adjoining brick. I also ran some rubberised mastic along the end face of his brick where the original dpc ended and pushed the new dpc up against to form a bond, then mortared in place.

Job done. Thanks woody for all your advice.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back