Spare sand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
During one of my bigger projects in the garden I managed to over-order soft sand and now have about 3/4 of a ton left.

My question now, is what can I do with it? I was thinking of laying a patio over it, but all advice I've read says don't use soft sand.

Any other ideas?

Sponsored Links
advertise it on Gumtree and see if you have any takers, the merchant you bought it from may also take it back at a cut price.

you could make a false pocket and secretly distibute it down your trouser leg in your neighbours gardens? ;)

Sponsored Links
I'd only get the turner prize if I proceded to stick pills and syringes in the castles and claim it expresses the decay of urban life in the aquatic rainforests of Norway. Or some other pretencious BS :p

I got it from T&P. Will give em a ring, but does anyone know the likelyhood of them taking it back?

If your using it as part of a mortar bed, rather than a dry bed.
I don't see why not, but the plight of The aquatic Norwegian rain forests may suffer due to that.
I returned some materials back to supplier recently, was not TP though.

I'm happy (in fact, keen) to go for a bonded bed. Though, again, there seems to be advice against using soft sand for that.

Can anyone confirm?

If you really want to use it, you will get away with a blend of soft/building sand and sharp sand, 2 parts of each to 1 cement.

can't you sand the lawn with it? sprinkle it over?

or dig some of it into the flower beds?

ask in the gardening part to see if there's a use for it..

or advertise on freecycle or similar.. free to collector, it'll be gone by the end of the week..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back