Sparky with part p prob

Well I read "extension to his kitchen" as meaning an extension to the kitchen to make it a bigger kitchen, not an extension built on to the kitchen that was used for some other purpose.

I still think the best approach is for martin123 to just do the work to BS7671, test the new circuits, write an EIC, and say nothing. If challenged he should say that he already had building regs approval. The guys at LABC just want a quiet life, and once they see that he's qualified/experienced, and the electrics are fine I'm sure they'll let it go. But that's just my opinion based on no experience or expert knowledge....

--------------------
edited to correct spelling error

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
I still think the best approach is for martin123 to just do the work to BS7671, test the new circuits, write an EIC, and say nothing. If chalenged he should say that he already had building regs approval. The guys at LABC just want a quiet life, and once they see that he's qualified/experienced, and the electrics are fine I'm sure they'll let it go

If its being done to BS7671 and your qualified and your going to issue a certificate after testing i cant see what the issue with having it inspected is.

If you go and fit the drainage after getting completion for say a lounge the drainage would be notifiable to change this to a kitchen and youd have the costs of the extra application so i cant see not fitting the kitchen sink as an old switcheroo'

if your boss is going to charge, it should only be for a certificate out of his pad and cost to inform NICEIC or whatever body he is in, NICEIC charge £1.50 so it will be less than a tenner for everything, unless your boss is going to rip you off, which i doubt?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back