Specific type of pipe for chasing- and hello

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

First post just joined the forum!

I do AV installs and control systems also multi-media production and bits of electronics and product design so hopefully have something to contribute back to some of the projects on here.

so anyway, i've bought a house that need a lot of work so probable be referring/ asking on the forum quite a bit, so here goes with a my first question

Chasing pipes. Yes i've google'd, searched forum etc etc, A plumber i spoke to at one point mentioned using 'special pipe' for chasing as 'u cant use copper' according to him, I know there's all sorts of advice and different ways of lining different types of pipes, but he mentioned a specific product. An off the shelf CH chasing pipe with built in lining whatever etc that allowed the expansion and contraction internally, problem is I cant find anything of the sort, it was called 'PRO' something, Which doesn't really help in searching online, any ideas anyone?

Sponsored Links
when you say "chasing" do you actually mean that you want to embed the pipe in a screed ? a pipe chase is just a boxing channel or duct that covers pipes and any material can be used, if you are embedding the pipe in concrete floors etc then this is a screed not a chase and you cant just use unprotected copper pipe, there are various ways of protecting it and various products can be used, hope this helps and welcome

thanks,

i meant in a wall,vertically, i.e. kango ing the brick and plaster

sorry thought thats what chasing meant generally, should have been more specific

i have no CH and need 2 neat drops in lounge and dining room from boiler upstairs,

kitchen will have a drop too but theres an ideal corner already with boxing and water pipes. plus kitchen floor is solid quatty so no piping through to lounge/diner

Sponsored Links
Sorry yes you are correct that could be termed as chasing, basically a pipe "chase" is just a duct where pipes are installed, if you are going to do that and the pipes are not going to transport Gas then I would recommend pvc coated copper, you could probably use some form of PE pipe but Im not sure which brands are available for this but Im sure someone else on here will be able to advise you on which ones are suitable

http://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/copper-tube---yellow-plastic-coated/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back