speed fit on kitchen celing over sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
there are 2 hot wter pipes on my kitchen celing I want to fit a radiater to the pipes with speed fit the speed fit conecters are above the kitchen sink my my wife is worried if it goe's wrong amd it went wrong it is dangeris she'l get burned? i never did sped fit before our radiater are so hot u cant put your hand on them and dont want her to get hurt with a leek. my mate said they can pop of if u dont fit them rite but he will check it for me. is he rite? thanks.

Sponsored Links
1) Like all connectors, Speedfit can 'pop' if not installed correctly.

2) If your radiators are too hot then check that the boiler thermostat isn't set too high and is operating correctly.

3) Ever heard of spell-check?

Sponsored Links
Or it may be that at least two of us have standards.

ur nead too coment sugests tht u alsow maye nead two get a lyfe lol (y)

maybe i was pointing out that because somebodys english is not upto your standards does not entitle you to criticise them for it. people dont do good english for many reasons....... Lack of education, learning difficulties or whatever. No need to belittle somebody for it.

my need to comment is my need to say something about what i dont feel is very nice.

Well said. Personally I wouldn't use speedfit on hot water as the contraction and expansion can cause them to move. If you can't solder and you don't mind how it looks, use compression fittings, they're a lot more durable and easy to fit. Just remember to use jointing compound and don't over tighten the olives, hand tight then half turn with a spanner. If any weep you can nip them up.

Consider me modern but I sometimes allow my wife to leave the area of the kitchen sink.
All be it with my permission, we can't have things getting out of hand

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back