Sewage smell in kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have sewage smell in our kitchen and just wanted some advice please

background

new kitchen fitted in July 2019. All new units. Old sink was a right hand drainer - new sink is a left hand drainer. So I think the external pipe was moved to accommodate.

no blockages in sink or toilet upstairs.
Smell only in kitchen.

have had a plumber come and he can’t see what issue is. He checked under the sink in U pipe ? It was filled with clear water and no blockage

kitchen sink drains fine

please - any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Some photos are usually good.If traps are fitted in all correct places,could be an appliance is sucking the water out of a trap.

if U pipe is OK, then smell cannot come from the main drain.
is there a dishwasher or washing machine? Maybe one of these has an issue and is leaking foul water slowly, just enough to make a stench?

Sponsored Links
is there a dishwasher or washing machine? Maybe one of these has an issue and is leaking foul water slowly, just enough to make a stench?
Agreed..D/w stink if not pumping away correctly..

I once had a stink in the ensuite. Bugged me for weeks. Then I realised that the toothbrush pot had smelly water at the bottom. Yuk! Was hardly nothing there, but enough to make a smell.

No dishwasher in kitchen. We do have a washing machine in a hallway cupboard

So he smelt it, said cannot be drain as U is full of water, but called the drain team anyway. o_O
Well, let's hope he's right!

We have a washing machine in hallway cupboard. No smell in there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back