Speedfit to Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to use John Guest Speedfit in a small central heting system in an office fed off of a combintion boiler. I know JG sell a radiator outlet plate that the pipes exit through in the middle of the radiator and then connect to the valves. The normal JG PEX pipe is not that flexible to connect to a valve, and a right angle join looks unsightly. Is the way around this to use the other polybutylene pipe?

Has anybody got any photos I could use as a guide? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Plastic fittings look horrible and yellow after a while.

Hide the plastic bits and use some copper microbore where it is seen

Thanks

I am running 15mm to the rads so i think I will use a chrome right angle compression connected to the valve with a short piece of chrome pipe connecting the two and connect the speedfit to that - may be via a short length of chrome if I am being fussy.

The pic at http://www.johnguest.com/linkpages/SPFInstAdv.html doesn't really make this clear. Should I use the more flexible polybutylene pipe to the rads. I have used the PEX pipe in the loft area and dropped sown to the rads with T pieces.

Sponsored Links
what is most commonly used by profesionals is

a 10 mm chrome spigot elbow which fits into the bottom of the trv

allowing the fitting of 10mm speedfit through the plate you described

EDIT after reading pablos link, doing it the way i suggested will look the same as pablos link but if you use a danfoss ras-c trv and 10mm chrome spigot elbow, it should cost no more than a tenner in total

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back