SPILT WINE OVER LAPTOP KEYPAD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ARRRRRRRRRR

I SPilled wine over my laptop keys now it seems to go funny things keep flashing up eg. windows, symbols goes crazy what can i do.

Sponsored Links
try closing the computer down and putting it in the airing cupboard to dry.

gregers";p="1152067 said:
try closing the computer down and putting it in the airing cupboard to dry.[/quote

i did this left it for 2 days i can feel the keys sticking slightly under the keys has i type, can i disengage the laptop keypad and use my infred one in stead

Bob,
The sugary wine will be sticking the keys.

Try a trigger spray bottle with some clean warm water and GENTLY spray some water just to dampen the keys. Rub over with a soft cloth to remove any excess and to try and get into the gaps.
Leave it to dry again.
Or use a hair dryer on low settings and from a distance so has not not get it too warm.
Might have to do this a couple of times.

Was it red or white? And had you drunk most of it?

dave

Sponsored Links
Bob,

Try a trigger spray bottle with some clean warm water and GENTLY spray some water just to dampen the keys. Rub over with a soft cloth to remove any excess and to try and get into the gaps.
Leave it to dry again.
Or use a hair dryer on low settings and from a distance so has not not get it too warm.

dave

If you are going to follow this advice, remove the battery first.

Sugary liquids are pretty acidic and can lead to a slow death (of the laptop that is), especially if it has penetrated beneath the keyboard.

If it's just the keyboard, one drastic solution is to remove it and completely immerse it in distilled water and then allow it to dry over several days.

Bob,

Leave it to dry again.

dave

It was a full glass of red wine it was ringin i mean absolutly soaked

Bob,
What make and model of laptop is it. Then we can get the proper instructions for removing the keyboard and, as igorian said, wash it in distilled water.

dave

ARRRRRRRRRR

I SPilled wine over my laptop keys now it seems to go funny things keep flashing up eg. windows, symbols goes crazy what can i do.

Maybe it's just a bit pizzed.

please no scouse funny remarks la this is a serious discussion
we have heard all the notty ash jokes la we need someone with a brain
do yea know what a mean la.

well put it this way i was legless
and my laptop was lapless

BOB,
This is the instructions for getting at the HD which is under the keyboard on the Sony Vaio. As they include how to remove the keyboard (with pictures) it should help you.

http://www.mikeshardware.com/howtos/sonyhdswap/

Just carefully remove the keyboard and then unplug the strip cables.

Once clear away, you should be able to wash it in distilled water and after wiping the excess off set it to dry in the airing cupboard again.

Hope we get there before it sobers up.
dave

BOB,
This is the instructions for getting at the HD which is under the keyboard on the Sony Vaio. As they include how to remove the keyboard (with pictures) it should help you.

Once clear away, you should be able to wash it in distilled water and after wiping the excess off set it to dry in the airing cupboard again.

dave

well thanks for the link i have now removed my keypad if i boil the kettle
and let it cool down and soak it for half an hour will that be ok.

P.S I have another laptop its a advent 7094 the problem with this one is that i bought a new charger off ebay,
plugged it in laptop came on ok and was charging i came back an hour later to find that the end that plugs in the dc on laptop was very hot .
i unplugged it and the laptop will not come on , no lights nothing and there is a burnt smell at the dc socket.
any idias with this one or links thanks BOB.

Any water would be better than noe, but a whole glass of wine won't just stay in the keyboard area. Can you see evidence of it in the chassis? Not really much you can do but let it dry and hope.

On the other matter, what is the rating of the adaptor and the laptop (Voltage and Current rating of both)? Burning smells are not a good sign.

Any water would be better than noe, but a whole glass of wine won't just stay in the keyboard area. Can you see evidence of it in the chassis? Not really much you can do but let it dry and hope.

On the other matter, what is the rating of the adaptor and the laptop (Voltage and Current rating of both)? Burning smells are not a good sign.

Looks like 3amp, there was a slight stain on top off the hard drive but i will leave to dry and hope.

is the dc direct on to the mother board from the dc connection

BOB,

dave

well thanks for the link i have now removed my keypad if i boil the kettle
and let it cool down and soak it for half an hour will that be ok.

P.S I have another laptop its a advent 7094 the problem with this one is that i bought a new charger off ebay,
plugged it in laptop came on ok and was charging i came back an hour later to find that the end that plugs in the dc on laptop was very hot .
i unplugged it and the laptop will not come on , no lights nothing and there is a burnt smell at the dc socket.
any idias with this one or links thanks BOB.

Alls looking well i have removed keypad to dry out meanwhile i have connected my infra red keypad and mouse and it is working great.

many thanks i owe you a glass of beer.

Sponsored Links
Back