Spitfire engine

I put a tiny pumping station in, at the end of the runway at Doncaster airport, when it was an RAF station for Vulcan's. I was working away, in the tiny brick building, when my entire world began shaking, as a Vulcan took off. None flying now, but I was overtaken by the last one, on it's final flight, when I was driving up the east coast. It was flying very low, and very slow.

As I understand it ?? The reason it’s not flying was or is not due to funding ?? But because the maintenance skilled people. Engineers / technicians who worked on this particular air craft are either no longer around or able to do it ????

Sponsored Links
I live less the 10 mls from Finningley when the vulcans were scrambled the earth round here literally moved!
The last vulcan was based there from what we understood the company that helped maintain the electronic systems withdrew its support and that put a end to it flying.

Sponsored Links
Quite a few of them out today over the Solent. I think you can buy a spitfire experience that takes you over the IOW and back up Southampton.

About £5k a trip if I recall.

Back