splattered insects

crafty1289 said:
Anyhow, when i came to do the front of the car, there were loads of splattered insect remains:

I usually find splattered insects all over my face after a bit of a blast on the Suzuki!

Sponsored Links
I knew a guy once who had a (real) AC Cobra, and was dismayed to find an unexpected running cost in the form of repairs to the leading edge of the bonnet. Smacking into wasps and bees at 3-figure speeds would dent it, apparently....

I have found that using a little dab of Autoglym resin polish, you can lift the dead bugs by a gentle polish of that area.

I have had literally minutes of fun playing "guess the insect" from the splats on the front of the car. I had a yellow and black striped splat on one headlight after a summer blast up the A1. Nice.

Tar-spot remover sometimes says it is for bugs too. Apparently insect cadavers do corrode your paint (no doubt due to something in their blood).

Alloy wheel cleaner must definitely NOT be used on paintwork: it is concentrated acid and will eat through the paint like Nitromors! I only use the acid wheel cleaner very occasionally, I usually use the remnants in the bucket and a cloth to give them a quick wash, brings them up just as shiny (although my wheels never get bothered by brake dust, it never bakes on or corrodes mine.)

The easiest way is to get one of your wife/girlfriend's old pairs of tights/stockings/pop sox and wear it on your hand. Then wash the bonnet/bumper with soap and warm water using your stockinged hand as you would the sponge. The bugs will come off easily. :D

Needless to say, fishnets aren't really the best type of stockings to use here, so apologies if you are a single male and into that musical (the name escapes me !) where they sing the timewarp. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Yes ive got some autoglym bug remover and its good stuff. Also, i have a sponge called a bug sponge. Its a normal sponge with a kind of netting over it, trouble is, if you're not careful it catches a bit of trim and rips it off your car!

Back