Clean car

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last time I cleaned my car, an ostritch must have flown over and **** on it that night. Seriously, a streak of bird **** about a foot long, all down the bumper and on the bonnet.

Anyway, cleaned it again today, just looked out, and the same bird must have been again! FFS! Why doesnt it ever hit the GROUND??? After all theres a lot more ground then car!!!

Anyway, to the nitty gritty. The paintwork on my car feels gritty, and theres loads of black tar spots. I am thinking about using a tar remover, and then a clay bar, then a wax. Anyone done any detailing work like this before?

The reason I want to do this (havent bothered before) is because I am looking to keep hold of this car for at least 5 years. Its an 06 citroen C4, wont be able to afford another car for a bit because of buying a new house. So I want to keep this car looking tiptop!

Any recommendations / products that people have used, feel free.

Mods I have put this in GD because it'll get more coverage from average joe, who use DIY products. But if you wish to move it, feel free.

Sponsored Links
Auto Glym products I seem to remember were the business and were what garages used to use to bring up the cars to showroom finish. :D

Sponsored Links
guess I got to get me a car wash kit now..

I've had the van going on 9 years and in that time it was washed maybe 4 times.. and that was when I lent it to the 'prentice while I was on holiday for the week..

Autoglym for me....the tar remover is great - it also removes the disc pad debris that sticks to the paintwork.
Follow that with the resin polish.
Another good device - for the guy who has everything - is the plastic blade that is used to swipe away the water after rinsing. Much better than the old chammy.
John :)

oh good, i already got 2 of those.. one for the shower screen ( works great btw.. never an soap scum if you do it straight away ) and another in the van for getting the mist / rain off the side windows..

Sponsored Links
Back