Split Face Quartzite Mosaic Tiles sealer for wet look and Silicon WaterSeal Masonry Sealer on top to

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Finding it a little hard to get my head around something and hoping one of you might be able to help/ advise.
I had some Split Face Quartzite Mosaic Tiles and I want to know a few questions.
I want to seal them as best as possible and have them kinda add a wet/darker look to them that's not to glossy any advise on what's best? If glossy is the only way to get them darker/wet look then this will have to be.

My final and most important question is making these water tight. I understand a sealer will make them stain resistant and water repellent to a degree. I want to know if this below will help me in any way to achieve this and if so what order would be best to do it.

1.Silicon where needed
2.Use a natural stone sealer to give me the look I am looking for and protection from stains.
3 Add one or both of these on top after.
Silicon Water Seal Masonry Sealer
JENOLITE Stop Leak Sealer Spray - Waterproof sealant

I am hoping that putting number 3 on with a nice amount sprayed and painted in will help seal the hairline cracks.
What my concern is with already a sealer on what's most likely penetrated the tile will a silicone water seal solution work on top to make them even more watertight?

I hope someone can help.
Many thanks Dan

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back