Split Plumbing Forum

Should the plumbing and ch forum can be split into two? One for central heating, one for everything

• Yes, split into 2 forums

Votes: 35 89.7%
  • No, keep as 1 forum

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any chance the plumbing and central heating forum can be split into two? One for central heating, one for everything else plumbing related?

It's such a busy forum I think a lot of threads go partly answered because in less than a day they are no longer on page 1.

Sponsored Links
It does get very busy at times.

I hope you don't mind diy_darren, I have added a poll to your question, to get some more feedback from the forum. :) We'll see how it goes...

i understand the reasoning, but joe bloggs still posts in the wrong section quite often, and as these two will be even more similar, i can see even more posts in the wrong place.

more work for both mods. :LOL:

It would also be pointless to put a note sayinging this is for ch only, as most NP's dont read, only write.

still, on the other hand try it and see.

but then again, on the left foot, what happens if some one replies to say a boiler post that was asked just after they were split (the post not the boiler) but they should be asking in CH, not plumbing? It would not be practicable (new word) to lock all old posts.

But on the right foot, it was done in uk electrics, alarms and telephones and cctv was split, but TBH there were never that many posts about them.

Be a devil, go for it :evil:

Sponsored Links
Could be a good idea if the mods can cope with the wrong posts in the wrong forum.

And of course where does the water side of a boiler go.

For example " I don't have any hot water from my combi" its a plumbing question but a boiler topic, Possibly !!!!

I would agree that its a good idea.

BUT, I would only look at the gas/heating part as thats my speciality and hardly ever at the plumbing side.

In reality I can often give quick and useful answers to most of the general plumbing questions.

I therefore conclude that whilst it would benefit me it would mean that those posting plumbing questions would get a poorer response.

But perhaps my possible assistance with plumbing is less relevant in the wider world.

Tony

So that will be a plumbing forum, heating forum, separate gas forum.

Can I suggest a bathroom forum, water treatment forum, copper forum, plastic forum, heat pump forum, solar forum

AND FINALLY A forum for DIY messers who post for every single minute stage of a notional project that they have yet to start, let alone finish.

C'mon simond - nobody has proposed a separate gas DIY forum, and the idea behind splitting is to solve a problem, not create one.

doitall, I would suggest that CH naturally covers:

. Heat sources
. Heating pipework design
. Heating controls
. DHW storage and other heat stores
. Heat loss
. Radiators
. Pumps and MZVs
. Warm air heating
. Immersion heaters
. Insulation

and that Plumbing covers:

. Mains cold
. Stored cold
. Baths, basins
. Taps, showers
. Kitchen sinks, appliances
. Waste / drainage
. Valves
. Tube / pipe technology
. Fitting technology, techniques, tips

Oh yes!

But when a combi boiler has its output interacting with a thermostatic shower to give fluctuating temperatures, what then?

That would require a posting duplicated in both sections!

Nothing impossible there though, perhaps just as a topic and a link.

Tony

Looks about right Softus apart from DWH :LOL:

It wouldn't be difficult to have a list of topics in the section index, and it could work.

To be honest I think most of the regulars (geeks) will look in both anyway. :LOL:

But when a combi boiler has its output interacting with a thermostatic shower to give fluctuating temperatures, what then?
Well, given that it took me about 49 seconds to write those lists, if you've managed to think of only one scenario that doesn't fit, then I can be pretty confident that it's a valid split.

What do you guys think about having a boiler problems forum and the other one for general plumbing :?: :D

I think thats a better choice!

One forum for general plumbing to include heating radiators, pumps and motor valves!

The other for boilers and gas fires and instant water heaters.

Tony

The other for boilers and gas fires and instant water heaters.
Why not just have a separate forum for Agile to castigate any punters who are hard up and to behave generally like an arrogant stuffed shirt?

Sponsored Links
Back