what is the point to this part of the forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This part of the forum is called

-----------------

Plumbing and Central Heating

Questions, comments and enquiries related to plumbing, central heating and hot water systems.
------------

I have posted several topics about plumbing up cold water and had no issue
But I made 2 threads about plumbing up gas works and they where removed!
So what can I post as the thread is called central heating and how water systems, presuming hot water, so what am I allowed to talk about hear, a broken down boiler that produces hot water, as there is nothing to say you can not talk about the gas supply of it? is there not?

Sponsored Links
Gas supplies should only be worked on by qualified people. Giving unqualified diyers 'advice' on messing with gas could be very dangerous. There is a section in this forum for registered gas installers to discuss this but you must be able to prove that you are a RGI to even enter it.

IMG_5489.jpeg

As has been mentioned many times since your infamous "bain marie" post - discussion about DIY gas work is not allowed on this forum.

Gas supplies should only be worked on by qualified people. Giving unqualified diyers 'advice' on messing with gas could be very dangerous. There is a section in this forum for registered gas installers to discuss this but you must be able to prove that you are a RGI to even enter it.

View attachment 315494
What Mottie says is correct. Once you have proved your a RGI you will be stripped searched in a dark room and interrogated.

Once you have proved allegiance, you will be clothed and fed.

Sponsored Links
I remember talking to a guy at work about an electrical problem, I thought I had explained well, then latter went to his house, and I realised he had got it wrong. I can see why we should not talk about some things.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I once had a mate who replaced the rear brake shoes on his Mk2 Cortina because they were worn. "The new shoes were much thicker and I had to file quite a bit off of them to get the drum back on". he said, not realising that you had to unwind the automatic brake adjuster. :eek:

I have posted several topics about plumbing up cold water and had no issue
But I made 2 threads about plumbing up gas works and they where removed!
It says
-----------------

Questions, comments and enquiries related to plumbing, central heating and hot water systems.
------------
and it doesn't say
-----------------

Questions, comments and enquiries related to plumbing, central heating, gas and hot water systems.
------------

It was then pointed out in the post when gas advice was again sought and the site link supplied to the admin post where it explains that this forum does not give gas advice? Not sure what could be clearer.

I have a cousin who was involved in finding emergency accommodation for a family when their house was was one of three that were wrecked,

The next door neighbour had carried out DIY gas alterations

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back