Splitting services (gas, electric and water) between propert

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I'm looking to buy a soon-to-be detached property which is currently sharing it's services (gas, electric and water) with the adjoining property (the house is being split into two, but the seller is making the first purchaser split the services).

Currently there is only the electrics coming into the property I want to buy, with the gas and the water coming in to the other.

Before I make an offer I want to know how hard it would be to, and how much it would cost, to split the services out.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Sponsored Links
It depends on so many things it's impossible to say. Best thing to do is get a quote from the utility suppliers. I have just completed 4 new connections to a small development - water, gas and electricity - and the overall cost was just over £8000. We did the excavations ourselves and the property is right next to the main road.

When you've got the quotes off the utility companies don't forget to add in the cost of rewiring the electrics and repiping the plumbing and the gas.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Jeds, thanks Sooey!

I realise there are many moving parts on this, and I'm trying to gain full access to the properties to see where pipes / main etc. come in. Spoken to a couple of utility companies and they're a bit woolly on the details, but I guess that's too be expected.

Think I'll have to factor in a rough estimate plus some contingency funds to cover the rewiring and replumbing.

Complicated!

Thanks,
Chris

Back