Splitting UPVC door with sidelights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have been offered UPVC french door with sidelights either side but they are too wide. I could fit the doors and a single sidelight but is this possible?
Can the doors be fitted without one of the sidelights?
What would I need to take into account, is it a simple case of getting a new frame made or is it just too difficult to get one made to match the existing doors fitments etc?
Can the original frame be modified so that I can remove one of the sidelights?

TIA
Steve

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
PVC?
Where will it be fitted (replacement on an old house or a new extension etc?) and how old are the doors? Just asking to make sure the doors will meet modern regulations.
Yes you should be able to cut it down

Hi yes pvc.
It will be put into a detached garage door way. They are 5 years old. I think.

Sponsored Links
Only for toughened glass in the door and sidelights in a garage as its classed as a non habitable room.

Hundreds of pages of regs for other places so would need to know the circumstances i.e Newbuild/extension, Replacement in an old house, Fensa sign off or building regs sign off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back