Sport Relief

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Who could not be moved by those tragic and pitiful images of those helpless children shown on the Sport Relief program. BUT

1. Liniker pleads for your hard earned cash, but how much of his £2M/year Plus expenses and Plus whatever he gets from Walkers crisps does he throw into the pot. He and most of his celebrity lovies could each throw £1M at the problem and not even feel it yet they shamelessly plead with sad yes for your cash.

2. Has the whole Aid thing got it all wrong?
The whole thing is aimed at the effect and not the cause. The cause is too many children being born into a situation which is unsustainable. The aid should treat the cause of the problem and encourage Mass sterilisation and in so doing avoid the generation of a problem through ignorance. One girl on the programme was just 17 years old and already had two children which she could not support or help, probably born of fathers unknown.
I don't recall the actual figures but the Aid programs generated by Live Aid and Band Aid etc which raised countless Millions actually exacerbated the problems which it was supposed to address, as such the problems in that part of Africa are now 10 times worse with these desperately poor children suffering due to the uncontrolled breeding of these unknowledgeable people.
Surely the answer is to address the cause not the effect.
Please someone convince me I am wrong as I feel so desperately sorry for these poor little children for being born into such an horrific situation.

And our government declare there is poverty in the UK, just how out of touch are these idiots who claim to govern us. All they need to do is watch Sport Relief to learn what real poverty is.
NO human being should be born into such depravity.

Sponsored Links
The thing is though that we don't know how much wealthy people give. If they declare they are giving £xxxx - we say they are seeking publicity.

I agree though - that if these kids live they will give birth to 10 more and then they will starve.

That is very true Joe.
I am a relieved to learn that you are on the same wavelength as I am.
I thought maybe I was being too insensitive to the horrific circumstances these delightful little children are born unnecessarily into.
The aid program does seem to be rather counter productive by not addressing the cause of the problem.

Sponsored Links
The problem is the Catholic church.

I'm sure that statement is blasphamous, not so very long ago people in Europe were stoned for less, however saying that i agree with you entirely, imagine, a few hundred yrs ago we could have shared the same stake, been burned at it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You may be right in that the Catholic Church's view of contraception does not take into consideration uncontrolled animal urges, but really the problem is ignorance and the solution is access to a permanent birth control solution i.e. sterilisation. Sport Aid, and the like, could provide this as a far more efficient long term solution.
Address the Cause as a priority and treat the immediate effect with the reward for treatment of sterilisation for both men and women. The more sterilisations per treatment the better.

I'm sure that statement is blasphamous, not so very long ago people in Europe were stoned for less, however saying that i agree with you entirely, imagine, a few hundred yrs ago we could have shared the same stake, been burned at it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It's a big problem in Africa, missions have been there for generations telling them god don't want them to use contraception!

Not only that corruption is a massive problem. What is strange is that these drought stricken countries have more water than the UK!!! But if we keep throwing money at the problem it will create an environment where they won't help themselves, much like the dole system we have here in the UK.

We need to give the the tools to help themselves, sterilisation smack of the Nazi error!!!!

Its easy to say, try and address the cause, but there are still children dying daily and they need help.

Its sad that when our children are ill, we go to the doctors or a walk in centre, get some medicine and go home. These children are dying because of simple things that we ourselves can treat by going to a supermarket!

Sport Relief are putting a lot of money into educating them aswell as prevention. They dont just fund vaccines or medicine, they help people start small business', open schools, put in running water, sewage treatment etc.

I dont think sterilisation is the answer, thats just too drastic.

What John Bishop did last week was amazing and in my eyes he is a hero, £4m raised was some achievement, I think they raised over £50m on the night.

Its easy to say, try and address the cause, but there are still children dying daily and they need help.

Its sad that when our children are ill, we go to the doctors or a walk in centre, get some medicine and go home. These children are dying because of simple things that we ourselves can treat by going to a supermarket!

Sport Relief are putting a lot of money into educating them aswell as prevention. They dont just fund vaccines or medicine, they help people start small business', open schools, put in running water, sewage treatment etc.

What John Bishop did last week was amazing and in my eyes he is a hero, £4m raised was some achievement, I think they raised over £50m on the night.

Goes without saying that children need to be helped, it's just SO frustrating that we can't do it now! I can't watch anything to do with suffering kids, cracks me up. I do make my monthly donations but you have to wonder where it's going..

Worlds ****ed.

Goes without saying that children need to be helped, it's just SO frustrating that we can't do it now! I can't watch anything to do with suffering kids, cracks me up. I do make my monthly donations but you have to wonder where it's going..

Worlds ****.

Thats true and I feel the same, I also donate myself.

2. Has the whole Aid thing got it all wrong?
I think so, look at Band Aid for Africa when Bono is still the richest pop group in the world, if they have given most of the money away they wouldn't be the richest(?) I feel most of them are a lobbyists but we will never know

I used to donate to Water Aid but after I found out their CEO is earning more than the PM and their biggest outlay is advertising - I stopped.

You may be right in that the Catholic Church's view of contraception does not take into consideration uncontrolled animal urges, but really the problem is ignorance and the solution is access to a permanent birth control solution i.e. sterilisation. Sport Aid, and the like, could provide this as a far more efficient long term solution.
Address the Cause as a priority and treat the immediate effect with the reward for treatment of sterilisation for both men and women. The more sterilisations per treatment the better.

Ignorance, sterilisation? You do realise that the problems come around in drought and war etc? Very unstable places to live and when the going gets tough you call people ignorant, most will probably never even seen a jonny let alone know what it is!

You are a sick puppy.

Sponsored Links
Back