Sport Relief

You have a thing about population control. It's got nothing to do with the size of the population or that people have a few kids, it's all about corrupt governments, war, money and the weather.

sick puppy

Sorry peaps, you seem to have missed the point. It has everything to do with the population size and that is why the problem is as big as it is, and 10 times bigger then it was 20 years ago before we interfered.
Admittedly Corrupt Governments and corrupt people and war has a lot to do with it but if the population size was under control then the suffering would be proportionately less.
Please offer an alternative solution to the problem as opposed to silly criticism such name calling.
No one including you has yet tendered a viable alternative to what I have suggested. If you have nothing to add to the discussion then don't enter into it.

The USA have a 1 in 4 stat of people going without food from day to day, do we sterilise the population of USA?

No we don't, but neither do we sent £M's over there in aid.

I personally don't put a price on a persons life let alone millions of people.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Sponsored Links
I will now sign off from this thread as yet again, Some DIYnot contributors are getting offensive rather that constructive.

Same difference.
People wanting to do good and not realising the money either does nothing assist hardly reaches them. When it does it is taken in expenses.

How much was free in the coverage? The cameramen, sound techs? Props?
Electricity? The street closures cost, were they free? The presenters fees?
Take them and others out of the equation and it was futile.

In relation to the Sports Relief Mile events - there is a charge to enter - £6 for adults, £3 for under 16s. It is made clear that this money is to cover the cost of staging the 'mile' events, it DOES NOT go to charity. And then any sponsorship money that the entrants raise can all go to charity and isn't used to pay for the running of the events. The run I did yesterday was in a public park, there were no road closures necessary and they had three members of staff from the council swimming pool who were there for about an hour, so I'd hope that the entry fees from those that took part would cover the costs of staging the run.

I will now sign off from this thread as yet again, Some DIYnot contributors are getting offensive rather that constructive.

How do you expect people to be anything other than constructive when you don't even know about the issue, your admission.

The latest famine crisis is in Somalia brought on by corrupt government, civil war and lawlessness. Nothing to do with how many kids are born to each person....

by your logic we should let them all starve to death and sterilise the survivors.

Africa have many orgs educating about contraception but still people are having children, not using contraception. So why do you think sterilisation is going to be any different? Go away, think it through and then come back, oh pick your teddy up first...

Sponsored Links
Hysteresis said:
It has everything to do with the population size and that is why the problem is as big as it is

Oh my word, such ignorance!

Look at Zimbabwe as a prime example of what is wrong with Africa, from breadbasket to dusbowl.

You could potentially feed the whole of Africa with Zimbabwe's fertile landmass, yet it can't even feed itself now.

Africa's food problems are entirely politically created (or in some cases the extreme opposite, i.e no government and anarchy).

It's got nothing to do with their population size, Africa's fertile landmasses could support 10x it's current population.

Sterilisation is a stupid idea to put forward in countries who's governments are corrupt, and the concept of "rights" and "human rights" are almost non existent.

Yes, let's pay corrupt foreign governments to sterilise their citizens, or seek their permission to have foreign citizens fund for their citizens to be sterilised.

I couldn't possibly see anything go wrong with that plan ;)

Please offer an alternative solution to the problem

Africa's problems are for Africa to sort out, we can't force them to adopt western farming practices and governments, we can't force them to stop being corrupt.

That no one offers an alternative solution, doesn't make yours any better or worse.

With Sport Relief, at least we know that our money is going to help people and not line the pockets of foreign politicians.

Oh you! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

How did we create the problem?

Do you not think the World poverty caused by sheer selfishness?

No, as peaps said a corrupt government.

You can send them what you like, them that need it will be lucky to get it.

Hence the corrupt government..... Mengistu Haile Mariam was said to have siphoned off much of the live aid cash. Somalia speaks fr it's self, it's a lawless country with civil war going on and the government, well...

Live aid - Band Aid, saving a lot of people who then breed like rabbits and hence the problem is now 10 times worse than it was 20 years ago and 10 times as many desperate children suffer as a consequence.
Simple really, We did not address the cause just the effect.

And sport relief is going to make everything better, like hel it will! in 10 yrs from now the problem will be even greater, a few of us might have moved on by then to leave our children and grandchildren to pick up the tab!

Live aid - Band Aid, saving a lot of people who then breed like rabbits and hence the problem is now 10 times worse than it was 20 years ago and 10 times as many desperate children suffer as a consequence.
Simple really, We did not address the cause just the effect.

And sport relief is going to make everything better, like hel it will! in 10 yrs from now the problem will be even greater, a few of us might have moved on by then to leave our children and grandchildren to pick up the tab!

No one said its going to make everything better, it WILL go to help dying children....and thats the point of the charity.

???? oh me!

IMPORTANT - PLEASE read and forward

Dear Prime Minister, The RT. HON. David Cameron. MP.

I wish to ask you a Question: - “Is This True?"

I refer to the Pension Reality Check.

Are you aware of the following?

The British Government provides the following financial assistance:-

BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER (bearing in mind they worked hard and paid their Income Tax and National Insurance contributions to the British government all their working life) Weekly allowance: £106.00

IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN (No Income Tax and National Insurance contribution whatsoever) Weekly allowance: £250.00

BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER Weekly Spouse allowance: £25.00

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN Weekly Spouse allowance: £225.00

BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER Additional weekly hardship allowance £0.00

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN Additional weekly hardship allowance £100.00

A British old age pensioner is no less hard up than an illegal immigrant/refugee yet receives nothing

BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT £6,000
ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT:£29,900

Please read all and then forward to all your contacts so that we can lobby for a decent state pension.

After all, the average pensioner has paid taxes and contributed to the growth of this country for the last 40 to 60 years.

Sad isn't it? It’s about time we put our own people first.

IMPORTANT - PLEASE read and forward

Dear Prime Minister, The RT. HON. David Cameron. MP.

I wish to ask you a Question: - “Is This True?"

I refer to the Pension Reality Check.

Are you aware of the following?

The British Government provides the following financial assistance:-

BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER (bearing in mind they worked hard and paid their Income Tax and National Insurance contributions to the British government all their working life) Weekly allowance: £106.00

IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN (No Income Tax and National Insurance contribution whatsoever) Weekly allowance: £250.00

BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER Weekly Spouse allowance: £25.00

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN Weekly Spouse allowance: £225.00

BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER Additional weekly hardship allowance £0.00

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN Additional weekly hardship allowance £100.00

A British old age pensioner is no less hard up than an illegal immigrant/refugee yet receives nothing

BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT £6,000
ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT:£29,900

Please read all and then forward to all your contacts so that we can lobby for a decent state pension.

After all, the average pensioner has paid taxes and contributed to the growth of this country for the last 40 to 60 years.

Sad isn't it? It’s about time we put our own people first.

You can use your vote to change but you can't stop people donating their hard earn money to a charity. since many millions are raised I can sleep at night in the knowledge their isn't too many with your crass view on foreigners.

We let their children starve do we? Wake up and smell the coffee.

Sponsored Links
Back