Spot the error

Sponsored Links
The new ones don't have the lug on them, so any rating can be shoved into any board by anyone.
It's interesting you say that - I had a quick look in B&Q today and it shows a list of MCBs and their possible uses on the back of the Wylex boxes. For a 3-way 60A board, 40A was definitely listed.

This may not apply however to other protective devices, for example the 40A cartridge fuse holder I installed in November definitely had a lug fitted.

Whilst "will not read" may be a fair assessment. I can't believe there are any electricians that "cannot.... read".
There seem to be plenty who are barely semi-literate in the writing department ;)

But no - sorry - it was just a quick and carelessly worded statement - what I meant was "cannot read perfectly plain regulations without imagining there are other words in them and/or without giving unusual meanings to words and/or without interpreting said perfectly plain regulations in bizarre and illogical ways which actually generate inconsistencies and contradictions with other regulations".

Sponsored Links
Whilst "will not read" may be a fair assessment. I can't believe there are any electricians that "cannot.... read".
There seem to be plenty who are barely semi-literate in the writing department ;)

But no - sorry - it was just a quick and carelessly worded statement - what I meant was "cannot read perfectly plain regulations without imagining there are other words in them and/or without giving unusual meanings to words and/or without interpreting said perfectly plain regulations in bizarre and illogical ways which actually generate inconsistencies and contradictions with other regulations".

Then I entirely agree.

:) :)

ps This is true also of college tutors teaching the regs. IMHO

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back