Spotlights in the bedroom or normal hanging light?

OM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Should I have spotlights or just go with the normal hanging light?

Are there pros and cons to having spotlights?

Sponsored Links
Yeah, there are a few cons. Having to cut loads of holes and potentially compromise the insulation and fire integrity is probably the one that bothers me most.

I had a customer with a new-build extension I had to keep going back to with a vaulted ceiling lined in celotex. There were literally tens of downlighters cut into this stuff and they were overheating left, right and centre.

Plus, because of the holes, the insulation was less effective, leading to moisture in the roof spaces.

aah... thanks...
i think i won't add new spotlights
i'll go for the spotlights on beams (i forget what they're called)

I use GU10 pods on wall at side of bed with LED bulbs to read with, centre is standard pendent but also some dark corners which have bar spots again GU10 to light corners. Three switches at door main left bed and right bed, two either side of bed main and that side of bed. Not satisfied the room still has dark corners, hind sight is easy, needed two ceiling lights one either side of the bed as the bed stops light on the floor, but loft floored and just too lazy to alter.

Sponsored Links
@ericmark thanks!
i'm getting 3 rooms made as part of an extension

would u recommend hanging light + spotlights?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back