Spotlights - Low voltage or 240V

kevin_robson said:
Thanks.
And to confirm once more its OK if the RCD covers the whole upstairs lighting circuit, not just the bathroom spots?
You can cover the whole building if you like, More is good less is not. There are some configurations where the main switch is RCD.

Sponsored Links
putting the whole building on one 30ma non time delay RCD is not a very good move though unfortunately its quite common.

i see no problem with RCD protecting the upstairs lighting but only if its on a seperate RCD from the sockets etc.

plugwash said:
putting the whole building on one 30ma non time delay RCD is not a very good move though unfortunately its quite common.
This was only an example, I did not get into the details, the idea is that RCD protection is a good thing if it is done correctly.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys.
As long as the bathroom lighting doesn't have to be on a diffeerent RCD to the rest of the upstairs lighting it sounds like I am fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back