Spray gun for staining wood furniture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a spray gun for applying spirit wood dye to furniture? I tried using spirit dye, and I am sure I can't apply it to a table and get a good finish as it dries so quickly. Staining a small item was a challenge. (I had no problems with oil based dye, but it is not compatible with Danish Oil.)

Sponsored Links
Water based dyes are best suited to spraying, spirit based dyes mix easily with danish oil and allow even cover without patches though final colour is diluted if mixed with Dansh oil.

Thanks.

The problem with water based dyes is having to damp the wood to raise the grain, and fine sand, several times. I wondered about mixing oil based or spirit based dye with Danish Oil. What I like about spirit based and oil based dyes is that they accentuate the grain nicely, much more so than ready dyed Danish Oil, at least the ones I have tried. Will I still see the exaggerated grain if I mix the dye with DO? I will try anyway, and see how it works out. I'm thinking of a half half mix.

Sponsored Links
You get the same results, just diluted colour, test on unseen area or scrap of wood.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back