'Spray 'n' Seal' aerosol - does it work?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?: I have a leak in my roof when it rains heavily. I traced the entry point and it's dripping from the point of a nail that protrudes about an inch from the wooden cladding that supports the tiles. I spotted an advert in the Sunday papers for this spray can called 'Spray 'n' Seal' that's supposed to fix all leaks of this type. The price is £9.99.
Has anyone used this? I don't fancy splashing out a tenner just to find it doesn't do the job.

Sponsored Links
surely the logical thing to do is fix the leak by sorting whatever problem you have with the tiles/lead/felt etc, before you go bu**ering them up with some fast fix gimmick. ;)

Well, noseall:

1) I wouldn't know how to go about it
2) Its a 2-storey house and I have no head for heights.

Perhaps I should call in the pro's but then, I've seen all those programmes on the telly about cowboy builders and, knowing my luck, I'd get one of them. Also, thanks to being employed only part-time and now paying double income tax to Gordon, I can barely afford a professional repair job.
So, I rather hoped I might get a sympathetic response and some advice about the product I mentioned.
You call it a 'fast fix gimmick'. Can I assume then, that you are not a fan of this type of repair, even it it were temporary?

no i'm not.

they can do more harm than good.

i would rather stick a bucket under the leak until i could afford a pro, or convince a relative to take a peek. :eek: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
might buy you some time to save those hard earned pennies to get it done properly... then again might not

So, I rather hoped I might get a sympathetic response and some advice about the product I mentioned.
You call it a 'fast fix gimmick'. Can I assume then, that you are not a fan of this type of repair, even it it were temporary?
Sympathy wont fix your leak &, I’m sorry to say, that magic sprays, potions & do it all wonders are really nothing more than a big gimmick; it might buy a little time to make arrangements to get the problem fixed properly but, in the meantime, a major leak will make the damage 10x worse & expensive than it is now!

I can see where you are coming from re cowboy roofers etc (give us ALL a bad name as us bona fide companies get tarred with the same brush all the time) but go to the trading standards website and see if you can find approved tradesmen there working in your area

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back