Spray Paint and Toilet Cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My partner and I are currently redecorating a house in preparation for moving in together :D But the plastic toilet cistern in the bathroom is a horrible yellowish colour :(
I was wondering, would it be possible to spray paint it white?

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
I would be more included to give it a good rub over with fine wire wool or one of those green 'scotch brite' pads and then give it a couple of coats of gloss..

Spray paint may be too brittle..plastic expands and contracts a lot

Sponsored Links
I would gcol but the toilet is of the old-ish style in that the cistern is mounted on the wall a good few inches above the bowl unlike the newer, more stylish close coupled toilet setups where the cistern sits on the back of the bowl.

I've had a good look around on the internet but have had no luck in tracking that style of cistern down and I can't afford a whole new toilet :( If you can point me in the right direction that would be great thanks :)

you need a cistern for a Low Level W.C. ;) try googling that or look on ebay ;) must be some around .as Close Coupled is more fashionable now HTH

Have seen a few cisterns on eBay so will have a word with the other half tonight.

And freddy, where have you seen a 'whole new bog' for £70? :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back