Spray painter has messed up kitchen carcasses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I have recently had a spray painter into a property to help renovate my existing kitchen. The carcasses were fine, we bought new doors and he resprayed both.

He did not respray the inside of the cabinets, and unfortunately they’ve been left like this.

The carcasses are vinyl wrapped. I have a decorator at the property who has tried to remove this residue using their own cleaning fluids with no success.

I’m obviously really annoyed at this state of affairs, but in practical terms, what can be done? Any ideas gratefully received. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Photo

Attachments

• 5DA5BAFB-487A-4215-B364-D1407BED9746.png
    5DA5BAFB-487A-4215-B364-D1407BED9746.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 321
Just paint them, a bonder first say zin, paint with a roller and seal with a good hard varnish.

Or looking at the photo a light sand and seal.

Or just leave it will you notice after 6 months when they are full of kitchen litter.

I know it's a pain and upsetting when something goes wrong - but this is a cupboard, it will soon be filled with all sorts of stuff and junk. As long as it's clean, no one will mind.
If you haven't paid them yet, ask for a reduction.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies. It’s a holiday let, unfortunately, and the rest of the property is pretty ‘posh’ so I can’t leave it like this. I could probably live with the cupboards under the sink, but it’s in every cupboard including eye level ones where the crockery is stored

Messed up?
what was the agreement?
was he paid to spray the inside?

i don’t understand the issue

No he wasn’t paid to spray inside. He has sprayed the edges and failed to mask the inside of the cupboards, so there is very unsightly spray paint inside the cupboards that makes them look dirty

Have you tried Xylene thinners that brings most paints off without damaging base. But wear protective gloves & mask when using.

Hi - I have recently had a spray painter into a property to help renovate my existing kitchen. The carcasses were fine, we bought new doors and he resprayed both.

He did not respray the inside of the cabinets, and unfortunately they’ve been left like this.

The carcasses are vinyl wrapped. I have a decorator at the property who has tried to remove this residue using their own cleaning fluids with no success.

I’m obviously really annoyed at this state of affairs, but in practical terms, what can be done? Any ideas gratefully received. Thanks
ask him what he sprayed them with

it was probably either pre cat, AC or PU

AC / PU can be tricky to get off -but a bit of overspray should come off with a bit of thinners and some elbow grease -bear in mind you cant go too mad or you will start to destroy the melamine surface and it will lose its patterning

Ok lovely thank you - that’s given me a route to try and sort it out.

As usual, you guys are very helpful - really appreciate it

You could try T cut or cutting compound think its G5 or 3 or something. Its overspray and not likely to be noticed by anyone on holiday unless they are being supercritical.

Cant be that posh if you only changed the doors!

No he wasn’t paid to spray inside. He has sprayed the edges and failed to mask the inside of the cupboards, so there is very unsightly spray paint

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back