Spraying Fence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I made a start on my fence yesterday (Sunday). I used Wickes Shed and Fence Timbercare (£1 per litre), great stuff, thick and gloopy, thing is I now ache; I have a neck and back problem, so I am limited to what I can do.
I have one of those Cuprinol sprayer things and am wondering what to use in it:-

Wilkinson’s are selling the Cuprinol spayable for £2.29 /litre and 5 litres should do @ 19m sq

Wilkinson’s do there own High Performance (Wax enriched spray) £1.59 per litre with the same coverage.

Wickes do a Spay and Protect Timbercare £2.20 per Litre, but they say it does 30 - 60 m sq, so a great further coverage.

Has anyone used any of these and can advise?

Also, how do I clean it out? The Cuprinol sprayer thing I have says that I flush it though with clean water, that you empty down the sink, but I don't want to mess up the sing and the waste from the sink goes direct into the ground, so I can't poor down the drain that the sink uses. There are some drains in the road for rain water, can I pour down there? Or just spay on the garden or something?

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
Spray on fence treatment is good way of falling out with your neighbours. You will always get spray drift on to things you did'nt want painted.

Yeah, I know! I might do the top part of the fence with the same preserver that I use, but put it on with a brush, that should stop most of it & try to do it when it's not too windy.

I just find it a bit hard to Beleive that the wickes on does 30 -60 sq metres, and the others do 19 sq m, obviously that does depend on how thick you put it on and how much the wood absorbs..

Steve

Sponsored Links
Well, I went into Wickes last might and had a look at Spay and Protect Timbercare, it says on the bottle 1 Litre should d 6m sq,so 5 litre bottle will do 30 m square..That is a lot more than Cuprinol etc, has anyone tried the Wickes Spay and Protect Timbercare?

Thnaks

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back