Spraying Kitchen Cupboard Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I hope this hasn't been covered too much before.. (i tried a search)

I'm Planning on Spraying my kitchen cupboard doors, i tried the plastikote kitchen cupboard spray on to an un-wanted door from a cabinet i took down.
this looks really nice straight from the can. So i thought i'd do that for the lot, but after thinking about it, i have 24 door/drawer front. all wall units have very large doors. So it'd end up costing a fortune on cans & i'd have aching fingers at the end of it.

So i thought surely after having such a good finish with a can, i'd buy one of the earlex paint sprayers to try.

My problem is what paint to use?
The doors themselves are 'shaker' style, with the outer part being solid wood with lacquer (alot of which is coming off) but the whole centre piece appears to be the Melamine (in dark green)

Any ideas on what products to use on this, i want a eggshell/satin finish in cream. Preferable water based for ease of cleaning etc..

I was thinking of using the Dulux Super grip primer, the a water based satin cream on top?

Sorry for the essay!
Any advice would be appreciated, as i can't seem to find anything with a combination of wood & melamine.

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back