Spraying Skirting board

apl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi had some pre painted wooden skirts fitted which had been nailed in also the colour is more of an off white so I’m going to fill the nail holes & as I’m doing the house up I’ve bought a Wagner 150 paint sprayer & was thinking of spraying them. What’s the best paint to use to get a good finish cheers.

Sponsored Links
Waterbased eggshell should be fine. You are probably going to need to thin it with water first. Floetrol is also helpful, it helps the paint flow without actually thinning it. Not cheap but great stuff.

https://www.owatroldirect.co.uk/product/floetrol/

My experience of spraying is limited to HVLP rather than airless so I have no idea how much you will need to thin it. The manual may be able to advise you. Did they supply a cup with a little hole in it- A viscosity cup. You measure the time between drips to calculate the thickness of the paint.

• Thanks
Reactions: apl
You going to have to thin the paint to get it through the 150 is my understanding although not used one myself.
Best try first on some paper and get going.

• Thanks
Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for all your answers as there really helpful & the machine didn’t come with a viscosity cup cheers

is it really the best option ??
if you have a empty room you will still get over spray and droplets every where so you will need to mask off whole massive areas to protect any now finished surface like flooring 'floor covering or wall covering ??

• Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back