Spring at last

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Frogs have spawned in the pond and our fish are taking food for the first time this year. Birds are now nesting in the hedges and the male rabbits are chasing the females around around our field trying to get it on.

And three days in a row we've had sun. About time :D

Sponsored Links
Planted spuds in the last 7 days, twice, put sweet peas out there and other seeds,bit of a gamble with some stuff but i feel spring is here, the ducks are sat on eggs.

I've just renewed the UV lamp in my pond filter and fed the fish for the first time this year. I think they were wondering whether they'd ever get fed again. (Yes, goldfish are much brighter than you think and will, one day, inherit the Earth!)

Wish it felt that way here. We've had the sunshine which has been nice, but it still feels really cold, we're still waiting for the snow to disappear and we need some rain. The grass aint growing and all the fields are dry and the grass is yellow, like its August and hasn't rained for 6 weeks. Not a leaf on a tree yet and its almost the middle of April. I usually enjoy winter, but its been a long one this year and i'm really looking forward to some warm weather arriving.

Sponsored Links
Even the weeds haven't started growing in my veg patch.

My fish are feeding and nearly getting all the green out of the water but its taking time. The biggest fish doesn't look too good :( he wont eat nothing and has been hanging around the top for the last week.

I've just renewed the UV lamp in my pond filter and fed the fish for the first time this year. I think they were wondering whether they'd ever get fed again. (Yes, goldfish are much brighter than you think and will, one day, inherit the Earth!)

Fed my goldfish today for the first time this year. I agree that they will inherit the Earth but will they instantly forget? :LOL:

Fed my goldfish today for the first time this year. I agree that they will inherit the Earth but will they instantly forget? :LOL:

I don't know. I read somewhere that they have a memory of about 7 seconds yet, when I approach with the green bin containing food, they seem to know what's coming.

Talking of spring was it RichardC or RichardP who set up a bird cam watching nesting blackbirds in his garden?

I'm supposed to be putting the grass cutter into service but instead I'm looking out the window at magpies building a nest in the hawthorn and err..................watching youtube. I'll be in trouble big time when the boss gets home :rolleyes:

I am, next week.
smug.gif
Going on my motorbike over the Millau Bridge
action-smiley-083.gif

Thought I was going to have to call it off TBH.
confused.gif
But it looks like I couldn't have timed it better all them months ago :D

(Yes, goldfish are much brighter than you think and will one day, inherit the Earth!)
I`d be koi about that . It`s the microbes that will survive - then something will crawl out the swamp , and it will all start again . After several milennia ;)

I don't know. I read somewhere that they have a memory of about 7 seconds yet, when I approach with the green bin containing food, they seem to know what's coming.

My daughter had a couple of goldfish in a bowl and as is usually the way it was left to me or the missus to remember to feed them.
As soon as I went near to the bowl they would swim over mouths gaping, either they didn't like me and were pulling faces, or they have better memories than some people suggest.

Sponsored Links
Back