Spring in toilet flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!
A plumber came out to fix my toilet yesterday and replaced the fill valve, which works fine now. However, when I got home from work and wanted to check what he'd installed, the flush button had been jammed on quite tightly, so when I went to unscrew it and lift it off to take the cistern lid off, it took a bit of effort and then it when it did come off, a spring popped out and I don't know what part it came from!

I did try pushing it back into the bottom of the button mechanism which worked temporarily, but this morning the button got stuck down making the toilet flush continuously, so I took it back out. I've taken the button off many times before and don't remember seeing a spring in the bottom (unless it was tightly attached inside at the top), so I'm guessing that's not where it should be?!

Can anyone help? I really know very little about plumbing and I've spent ages looking online but haven't come up with anything.

Attachments

• IMG_56681.jpg
    IMG_56681.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_56691.jpg
    IMG_56691.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 139
Sponsored Links
Does it not go over the highest section in photo #1 and inside the lowest section (the tube) in photo #2

I did try poking it into the tube but it didn't seem to stay in very well and then after a while the button didn't pop back up after flushing. I'm wondering if it was originally stuck higher up in the tube more securely which is why I haven't seen it before?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back