Spur socket through loft space

So do you think it is right to put 13 amp sockets on 6 amp circuits? Do you think we should only have 6 amp circuits for everything?

Sponsored Links
No one ever said it's an amazing idea for every socket in the house!!

There is absolutely no issue - none whatsoever in having a socket high up a wall, behind a tv. Clearly labelled - for a tiny load of a tv and a sky box.

Whilst I agree - if you had the fortune of a new build and planning it how you wish, you probably wouldn't do it - there's no issue in doing what I have, to save chasing walls and 100x more work!!

No one ever said it's an amazing idea for every socket in the house!!

There is absolutely no issue - none whatsoever in having a socket high up a wall, behind a tv. Clearly labelled - for a tiny load of a tv and a sky box.

Whilst I agree - if you had the fortune of a new build and planning it how you wish, you probably wouldn't do it - there's no issue in doing what I have, to save chasing walls and 100x more work!!

You were told in post no. 3:

NO WAY! It's a radial anyway ffs

I've also told you it shouldn't be done.

There are often two ways to do something, the correct way which is difficult or the incorrect way which is easy. You have chosen the latter.

Winston, you seem to have a bit of Tv knowledge, how many people in the past would have had a 13 amp socket in the loft for a TV booster, likely linked to the lighting circuit.
With led having plug in drivers im sure there will be more than ever 13 amp sockets on lighting circuits

Sponsored Links
So do you think it is right to put 13 amp sockets on 6 amp circuits?
Why do you insist on calling them 13A sockets?

Is it perhaps because that is the maximum current it can handle? May they be used for less than that?

Do you think we should only have 6 amp circuits for everything?
WTF is the point of saying that?

Winston, you seem to have a bit of Tv knowledge, how many people in the past would have had a 13 amp socket in the loft for a TV booster, likely linked to the lighting circuit.
With led having plug in drivers im sure there will be more than ever 13 amp sockets on lighting circuits

Not many. I've never come across one. TV boosters are usually powered up the coax from a power supply behind the TV

Why can't LED drivers be plugged into existing 13 amp sockets?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back