Spur under bath for whirlpool bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install a whirlpool bath, I want to put a spur in to supply it. Where do I put the spur. Do I put it under the bath? Does it have to be IPX4? (I assume that you would need a tool to get the panel off the bath)Or will it have to be in Zone 2?

Sponsored Links
I put an RCD fused connection unit on the wall just outside the bathroom door.

No point it being under the bath as you won't be able to get to it to isolate it !

It already has an RCD on the mains side.

I could install a Fused spur outside the Bath room but I would have to terminate it in zone 1 to connect to the bath. Isn't there a standard way of doing these things?

Thanks,

C

Sponsored Links
If the connection is under the bath, and enclosed so that you need a tool to open the enclosure, you are OK. Take a look at the Bathroom Zones picture and you'll see what I mean.

You can get waterproof enclosures with a screw-fastened cover, might be a good approach.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back