Fuse Rating for Whirlpool Bath

Sponsored Links
Now, while I agree that under the bath is out of zones, and therefore not notifiable according to Part P, could there not be an argument that a whirlpool bath is new fixed electrical equipment that is in zone 0/1, so is notifiable because of that, regardless of the fact the FCU and any connections are out of zones?

My head hurts now :confused:
I have a book by the IEE that I'm sure has the title The Electricians Guide to The Building Regulations(updated to the 17th edition)
I think someone has had my pants down :eek:

could there not be an argument that a whirlpool bath is new fixed electrical equipment
I'm sure there could. Of course, as in all these debates about rules and regulations, it depends which side you are coming from. One side believes a homeowner has a right to do whatever electrical work he wants in his own house unless that a law specifically says he cannot. The other believes a homeowner has no right to do any electrical work in his house unless the law specifically states he can. And never teh twain shall meet :)

Sponsored Links
You've forgotten the group who are so convinced that people should not be allowed to DIY that they they lie about what the law says...

solution:
If lead from the motor that powers the Whirlpool jets is terminated to a spur outside the bathroom.
Not notifiable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back