Spurious "message to long" error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been getting this sort of thing of late:

upload_2018-2-4_15-49-45.png

Closing the error popup and simply resubmitting always works, which makes me think it must be spurious, as does the fact that the messages simply are never "too long" - this most recent instance concerned a post with 1 line of text, and 2 images, each under 700 x 700, and totalling well under 1MB in size.

Sponsored Links
Is this happening after you have cut and pasted something into the post in question by any chance?

Sometimes when things are copied & pasted, extra characters come along for the ride (not necessarily visible). This is most probably what has happened in this case. Depending on browser you can right click and 'paste as plain text' or if you use the 'Use the BB code editor' button on the reply boxes you can see the full text that has been pasted and get rid of an unnecessary. Current character limit per message is 10k.

Sponsored Links
It was an image I posted, not text, so 'paste as plain text' wouldn't work....

Maybe copying the image also copied the HTML from the page it was on and pasting it also pasted this?

BAS Can you let me know the brand and type of that junction box. I have an applocation for which that box could be ideal.

Regards

Bernard

Maybe copying the image also copied the HTML from the page it was on and pasting it also pasted this?
FYI - just got the "error" again, pasting in an image from my copy buffer.

This was the "text version" of the post - as you can see, no spurious HTML (I've put spaces after the [ to avoid it showing up as an image here)

[ ATTACH=full]136400[ /ATTACH]

The image is only 101KB in size.

https://www.diynot.com/diy/posts/4089629/

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back