Spurs from garage to kitchen on other side of wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just to open - I AM NOT DOING THIS WORK - I will be getting a qualified spark to do it.

Getting a new kitchen, and all the intended new sockets happen to be on the kitchen wall which is the dividing wall between the kitchen and the integrated garage. There are 3 ring main double sockets on the garage side of the wall which are exactly where I want sockets on the kitchen side (+/- short surface mounted horizontal runs in conduit on the garage side).

Is it ok to run a short spur through the wall from each garage double socket to a corresponding double socket on the kitchen side? (Would save a lot of cash!). Obviously only one spur per socket.

Cheers for any advice guys (errr... and girls!).

Joe

Sponsored Links
It complies, but a far better way would be to extend the ring, still in conduit, on the garge side if you prefer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back