Square Guttering, self repair?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone,

I have square section Guttering which goes from the roof via a downpipe straight on to the middle of a flat roof! So, with all the rain we've been having the lose stuff on the roof is on the patio and there's a couple of bare patches on the roof.

It seems I need go run a gutter along the middle of the roof, is this something I can do myself? I'm thinking I just get on the roof carefully from the window and attach it somehow and run it into the gutter on the front of the roof.

I know pictures would help but I'm not at said house at the moment.

Any help much appreciated, I don't relish the prospect of a leaky flag roof in the depths of November.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like your best option would be to extend the square section down pipe, rather than using gutter to direct it into the lower gutter.
A couple of blobs of gutter sealant should help to keep in in position on the roof.

Thanks for the reply, I think I'll have to take a picture tonight and post it up and see if that helps as I'm not 100% clear on what I should do at the moment. Hopefully I can sort it myself though :)

Storm winds will eventually rip off most any pipe or guttering thats not securely clipped. Typical flat roofs will not take fixings.

Sponsored Links
Hmm, well I need to do something, I'll take a snap tonight and hopefully people can help when they seem my situation. Thanks for the tip though, I'd not thought so much about fixings really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back