Square to round guttering

26 Jan 2009
Reaction score
United Kingdom
My property is a 1890s mid-terrace. Unfortunately, my neighbour to one side has square guttering (aluminium, I think), and my neighbour to the other side has the more common black round plastic guttering.

I'm due to replace my (currently round) guttering and have been advised to do so with the same square guttering my first neighbour has (because it's all once piece, no joins is advantageous, plus the shape of the building is designed for square gutting - so I would favour it for these reasons).

However, there is currently a problem where my round guttering joins the square gutting. If I replace with square, surely I'm just moving the problem to the other side?!

Is there such a thing as a round-square joint for guttering? and if so, can anyone recommend where I might find such a thing? Or alternatively, if there is a good (fairly permanent) solution to prevent water escaping at the join? I know someone who can do a temporary fix, but the building is high and I don't really want to be climbing ladders every 6 months!!

(it wouldn't work to ask either neighbour to change their guttering (well, it would for me - not for them) as it seems half the row have square, half have round - and I'm in the middle!)

Apologies for the waffle, I'm new to posting here, so hope I have enough/relevant information!
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links