Guttering - half round v square

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to have guttering installed all around semi-detached house but I am not sure what type of guttering is best. The traditional half round or the square/rectangular guttering that I have seen a lot of my neighbours install recently. Can anyone help with what the difference is between the two?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
i can not for the life of me understand why anybody would want square guttering.

half round black looks classier than any crappy white or brown square carp.

it is also easier to install the swan necks on round gutter downpipes as there are infinite options on the angle away from the outlet.

with square you have only 90 degree increments.

Agreed.

Square does hold a bit more water than the round nevertheless they both cost the same. What does your house look like? Keep it traditional if you can with round. Any cars on bricks, kids toys on front lawn etc, choose square :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice a couple of roofers have told me that the round is better but just wanted to double-check.

The house is a double fronted semi detached house currently with half-round guttering installed. Driveway has no brickwork, all cemented.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back