squeaky floorboards and fitted carpets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have recently moved to a "new" (20yr old) house and found that it has been built and extended not by a builder but by an enthusiatic amateur.

While hunting for help I found this site and decided to join - please expect a lot of questions !

Most annoying thing at the moment is the floor. On the landing and the main bedroom the floorboards move and squeak when we walk on them - I've read all the posts on this, but always one thing was missing - How do I refit the carpet once I've screwed the boards in place? I've lifted the corner of a fitted carpet before and never managed to get it back on the nails. Is there a trick please ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
IMG_289_2.jpg

See this half way down.
You can hire a carpet stretcher which you kick it with your knee.

Thanks for the speedy reply

We have a hire shop near by, I'll give them a ring and see if they have a carpet - stretcher

Sponsored Links
You can also buy one from B & Q warehouse, I think about £16 or you can get one in a set of 3 tools for £25.
Don't kick it too hard! it hurts your knee.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back