ssembling dishwasher - how to ensure watertight seal on gaskets and o-rings

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi all,

I had to almost fully disassemble my folks dishwasher (tripping rcd, leak found, suspected it was dripping onto the water inlet solenoid), and am wondering how best to treat the seals going into the stainless steel tub?

There are 4 seals/gaskets/O-rings going into the tub I need to make sure are watertight, the big gasket in the sump, o-ring on tube going up to the upper spray, water inlet flat gasket on the side, and the flat seal under the salt fill cap (think this is the one that was leaking out).

All seals/gaskets/O-rings look fine, no damage, perishing or tearing, and all still feel good and flexible, which isn't bad in nearly 15 years service. It just looks like bits and pieces had worked their way through the seals, and whatever substance was originally used during manufacture has washed away.

So, to my question, what can I use to lube the various seals to best try to make sure they will stay watertight?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back