Stable door?

Is this realisation...

• Too little too late?

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Too late too little?

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Little and Large, with a warm up from the Krankies???

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Politicians have only themselves to blame for the low numbers turning out to vote. These leeches are now a law unto themselves. Whether you vote or not, nothing changes.
The electorate has precisely the government that it deserves.

I find it staggering that 40% of voters find something more important to do that day, or perhaps don't feel quite up to it, or can't manage the walk to the centre of their ward that day, or forgot, or can't be bothered. :rolleyes:

We have a law against littering, but nothing that requires the input of the people who choose the law-makers.

Sponsored Links
In a democracy, rightly or wrongly, people can choose the way to their own destiny. In a perfect world everyone should vote, sadly, as you know, that's not the case.

Roughcaster.

Fair comment.

However, people who don't vote get to choose their destiny and also affect mine.

I can break the speed limit, but if I do it past a camera then I pay the price. Not anyone else - just me. The tab for those who choose not to vote is picked up by everyone.

Sotus, you are right a s normal. i don't let my other half or my eldest child vote, i bin them, show me our/my benifit

I know we don't benifit if we put people in power,they are all t0ssers

Sponsored Links
I genuinely don't understand what you've written there, libby. Could you explain?

That's a hazardous outlook for a future Prime Minister to have! :eek:

I find it staggering that 40% of voters find something more important to do that day, or perhaps don't feel quite up to it, or can't manage the walk to the centre of their ward that day, or forgot, or can't be bothered. :rolleyes:

We have a law against littering, but nothing that requires the input of the people who choose the law-makers.
The trouble is, Softus, what if the consideration is that there is no viable alternative to vote for? Let's face it, Brown is a complete gimp and Cameron is untested, but likely to prove to be just as much a robbing little b*stard, if he gets the keys.

The trouble is, Softus, what if the consideration is that there is no viable alternative to vote for? Let's face it, Brown is a complete gimp and Cameron is untested, but likely to prove to be just as much a robbing little b*stard, if he gets the keys.
If someone can't find a reason to vote for a party leader, then they should vote for a local candidate on the basis of local issues.

If someone can't find any viable candidate at all, then their vote should be given away to someone who can, and they should have to go back to school for a year, as clearly they're not adult enough to be treated like one.

But they are, almost without exception, full of sh*t, interested only in the perks that come from being at Westminster. Why would there be any belief in a local muppet with weasel words about local issues, whatever they might be?

Now, of course, we have the gits wanting a 24 day break at xmas. Hello, country in turmoil, anyone?

But they are, almost without exception, full of sh*t, interested only in the perks that come from being at Westminster. Why would there be any belief in a local muppet with weasel words about local issues, whatever they might be?
1. Because local weasels don't get the 'Westminster Perks'.
2. Because there is, for the exceptions that you observed exist, belief.

Now, of course, we have the gits wanting a 24 day break at xmas. Hello, country in turmoil, anyone?
You can't overcome any crisis simply by working 365 days a year. Mind you, 24 days is excessive. Some would even say that it's excessively excessive.

Sorry, misunderstood, thought you were referring to local MPs, not councillors. Not that there is much difference in their tendency to stick their noses in the trough, although I accept that it is a trough less full of goodies and other perks in comparison to the Westminster one.

Obviously the poor darlings are so overworked having to play catch-up after their extensive summer break. Bless.

Sponsored Links
Back