ID cards are coming!

Pensdown said:
Softus said:
What's your problem with [Neil] Kinnock? Gingerness? Baldness? Welshness? Being a highly respected statesman and politician with a wealth of experience? Or are you just prejudiced against his views?

?...by whom?? He's never been elected, he's been accused of gross misconduct in Europe, he's guilty of nepotism....the list goes on[/quotei have to use words the limpys know m8ty dont i or i would have to use my own and they would not be nice

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
Slogger said:
He's never been elected
He was an MP, and leader of his party. In what way do you believe he was not elected?

Slogger said:
guilty of nepotism....
Nepotism is not a crime, but if it were then you'd be in trouble.

Later on, a Moderator removed my quote of the nepotistic and offensive part of Slogger's previous post.

i am far from antisocial :LOL:

the last post was a bit mixed up i have never commented on any mep ?

but i do stand for HARD JUSTICE in my local area we now have very little crime

and i am actually on stand by as a HEAVY HAND for my local asian shop due to the police taking too long to get where they are needed

i say HEAVY HAND but all i really do it go in the shop if i am called and ask the worky tickets to leave they never refuse

the last time i had to do this was a good 6 months ago seems the word is out not to be a worky ticket :LOL:

so being HEAVY HANDED actually works on this estate albeit anonymous:cool:

So what is the impact of ID cards who are not UK nationals / residents but are in the country? How will it be decided that they are in the country illegally or whether they are only here on holiday / visiting? Are people to be stopped and questioned as a matter of course? Who will do this and on what grounds?

Are the police (or ID card enforcement unit) going to arrest people for not having an ID card on their person and then decide whether they should or not have been arrested? Sounds a bit like the Wild West - shoot first, ask questions later.

Sponsored Links
We've already got that policy, and even if we had ID cards, if the police think you're about to detonate a bomb they'll shoot you, not ask for your ID card.

So not only will ID cards not make people safer from terrorists, they won't make people safer from the police either.

id card will never work they are doomed to fail before they start simply due to the fact that anything can and will be forged

Slogger said:
id card will never work they are doomed to fail before they start simply due to the fact that anything can and will be forged

So what about passports, driving licenses, credit cards, cheque-books, currency... they didn't all fail because they could be forged?

Oh yes... and Blue Peter badges.

hermes said:
Slogger said:

So what about passports, driving licenses, credit cards, cheque-books, currency... they didn't all fail because they could be forged?

Oh yes... and Blue Peter badges.

but they have all been forged and used for illicit purposes, therefore, they have failed - the idea that ID cards will be any less 'forgeable' and provide greater security is naive. How will they be enforced - is anyone and everyone to be stopped at random and asked to produce this? Who will perform this task and how often?

They have all been copied but they have not all failed because they are still utilised. They all do the job they were intended to do.

hermes said:
They have all been copied but they have not all failed because they are still utilised. They all do the job they were intended to do.

They are all still used but no one has great faith in them as it has been proven too many times how unsecure they are.

Sponsored Links
Back