stain shower screen tube

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently fitted a new shower screen, but after only a few weeks a pink film has appeared inside the rubber tube that runs along the side of the bath. I have squirted bleach inside the tubing but this has made no difference.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
drillsalter said:
a few weeks a pink film has appeared

let us know when the blue film is there.

seriously

sounds like it has reacted with something in the water changing it (like for like) will probably mean same again. call supplier /manufacturer find what they have to say

Even though it's pink maybe it's mildew (we had it that colour). I'd recommend Dettox mould and mildew remover, green spray bottle, available from supermarkets.

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
drillsalter said:
a few weeks a pink film has appeared

let us know when the blue film is there.

seriously

sounds like it has reacted with something in the water changing it (like for like) will probably mean same again. call supplier /manufacturer find what they have to say

B & Q whom I bought the screen from don't seem to have much of a clue and have never heard of this problem!

However, if a blue film starts to appear I'll let you know

JDLDIY said:
Even though it's pink maybe it's mildew (we had it that colour). I'd recommend Dettox mould and mildew remover, green spray bottle, available from supermarkets.

Great I'll give it a try.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back